« BackFlame Arrester Manufacturers
In-Line Detonation Flame Arrester
Motherwell Tank Protection in line unstable detonation flame arresters are designed to prevent propagation of detonations in gas or vapour mixtures. Detonation flame arresters are specifically designed for pipelines with a significant distance between the ignition source and the arrester, or for use where the pipe is rough, bent, obstructed or has section changes. CE-IB unstable detonation flame arresters are supplied as complete units ready for direct installation into piping systems.
A detonation flame arrester uses a crimped ribbon element with small apertures which allows gas or vapour to pass. The elements are designed so that they both attenuate the detonation shock wave and extinguish the flame. Motherwell detonation flame arresters are always designed to deal with unstable detonations. In the context of the Pressure Equipment Directive (PED), Motherwell detonation flame arresters are classified as a piping assembly.
- Suitable for unstable detonations, stable detonations and deflagrations
- Large variety of sizes
- Available in variety of materials to suit a wide range of applications
- Options available for sour environments
- Replaceable elements
- Our technical team can advise on specific location queries
- ATEX Approved for explosion groups IIA and IIB3 (US (NEC) group C, Group D )